How do I install StatCounter using Facebook Instant Articles?
- Sign up for a free account at StatCounter and follow the steps to create your first project and generate your StatCounter code.
- If prompted, make sure to choose Facebook Instant Articles from the list of Installation Guides.
- Copy the StatCounter code.
- Log into your Facebook account (opens in a new window) with your username and password.
- Open your published page, and click Publishing Tools in the top navigation bar
- Click the Development Articles link in the left navigation to open your in-development Instant Articles
- Create a new article, or edit an existing one
- The article editor will open
The markup in the above image is taken from Facebook's sample Instant Article markup. An 'op-tracker' iframe must be added to the markup as in the above image:
StatCounter is now active on your Facebook Instant Article and will immediately begin recording visitor information. You can preview your article in the Facebook Pages Manager app and verify traffic is being recorded,
These instructions have been compiled and verified: October 2017
Answers to the majority of questions we receive can be found here in the knowledge base.